When bringing foodstuffs into Sweden for private use, different rules apply depending on whether the foodstuffs are being brought from an EU country or from a country outside the EU.

The rules also vary depending on whether you are transporting the foodstuffs yourself or if you are sending them by letter, parcel post or a transport company. You can here read more about the various rules and find out which apply to you.

Buying foodstuffs while travelling abroad.

Get help from verksamt.se

On verksamt.se, there is a compilation of information from various public authorities. It is aimed at anyone planning to import foodstuffs commercially.

Go to verksamt.se to find out more on food products.

You may need authorisation from the Swedish Board of Agriculture

Trade in plants (information from the Swedish Board of Agriculture)

Animal products (information from the Swedish Board of Agriculture in Swedish)

Last updated:

What is updated: Quality assured