Alcohol is subject to so-called restrictions and may not be brought freely into Sweden.
Spirits = alcohol content exceeds 22 per cent alcohol by volume (ABV). There is no upper limit.
Fortified wine = alcohol content exceeds 15, but not 22 per cent ABV (includes sparkling wine).
Wine = 1) wine other than fortified wine and 2) other alcoholic drink (e.g. alcopop) that exceeds 3.5, but not 15 per cent ABV and is not strong beer.
Strong beer = beer with an alcohol content that exceeds 3.5 per cent ABV.
- Tullagen (2016:253) (information about the Sweden’s Customs act in Swedish)
- Lag (1996:701) om Tullverkets befogenheter vid Sveriges gräns mot ett annat land inom Europeiska unionen (information about the internal border act in Swedish)
- Lag (2000:1225) om straff för smuggling (information about the Sweden’s penalties for smuggling act in Swedish)
- Lag (1998:506) om punktskattekontroll av transporter m.m. av alkoholvaror, tobaksvaror och energiprodukter (information about the Sweden’s excise duty checks on consignments, etc. of alcoholic goods, tobacco products and energy products act in Swedish)
- Lag (1994:1564) om alkoholskatt (information about excise duty on alcohol)
What is updated: Quality assured