Moving from Sweden to a country outside the EU

When moving to a country outside the EU, you must register with us the personal belongings you will be taking with you on your move by completing an export declaration.

If you do not wish to declare your personal belongings yourself, you may choose to employ an authorised representative. 

Export of cultural goods

If you are moving from Sweden and you own one or more items of cultural goods, you may need an export authorisation, depending on the nature of the item. You can find information about which items require authorisation from the Swedish National Heritage Board. The Board also supplies and receives applications for authorisation.

Please note that your country of destination may have national importation regulations. Contact the country's embassy for information.

Further information

Swedish National Heritage Board

Ministry for Foreign Affairs, to find out more about other countries' representation in Sweden

Last updated: 2019-11-27

What is updated: