Schedule for introduction of the Union Customs Code
The Union Customs Code is being introduced in stages over a transition period. You can follow the work on this page. Swedish Customs’ national schedule will be updated as work progresses, and we will be publishing dates of relevance for the introduction of, and migration to, new systems.
The following development work is scheduled for the autumn of 2021:
- The development of the standard customs declaration for imports continues. The standard customs declaration for imports will be introduced in March 2022 and all actors should submit information in the new system by 21 December 2022. Functions for submitting customs declarations for special procedures will be introduced by 21 December 2022.
- The development of a new export system will be launched.
- The development of an updated transiting system will be launched.
- The development of a digital solution for notification of arrival of goods, and declaration for temporary storage, will be launched.
- The work on ICS2, phase 2 (airfreight) will be launched.
What is updated: New page