Tullverkets logotyp. Tillbaka till startsidan

Car, selling to another EU country

No customs documents are required among EU countries when selling a car to another EU country, neither when leaving Sweden nor when entering the next country.
Please note that you must cancel your registration (de-register) in the register of vehicles. Contact the Swedish Transport Agency for more information on de-registration.

When selling a used vehicle to a person living in another EU or EES country, the Swedish Transport Agency recommends obtaining a temporary registration. The buyer is responsible for applying for temporary registration. The buyer must be a permanent resident in another country in order for this type of registration to be approved.

Contact the Swedish Transport Agency for an application form for temporary registration plates.

More Information
Swedish Transport Agencyexternal link, opens in new window

Tullverket • Box 12 854 • 112 98 Stockholm • 0771-520 520